Energizing Ashtanga Vinyasa Workshop
Ashtanga yoga wakes up the internal fire. It ignittes the dormant flame of vital energy within all of us. The vinyasa system work with the synchronization of deep, rhythmic breathing and movement. By linking posture it creates a continuous flow of energy the heats up the body, bringing oxygen to the blood, nourishing the glands and internal organs, cleaning and purifying the nervous system, realising unwanted toxins through perspiration. As the heat goes up toxin are burned up and out of the system, creating a lighter and stronger body, and a clear mind. The heat is not only a physical experience, it is an internal spiritual fire that burns through the fog of illusion and ignorance.
History of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
The ashtanga yoga system was reconstructed from a mysterious manuscript written on a bundle of palm leaves , the yoga korunta. This collection of verses on hatha yoga was discovered in the 1930's by yoga master and sanskrit scholar Sri tirumalai Krishnamacharya and his disciple K. Pattabhi jois while researching Sanskrit text at a Calcutta University library. The manuscript is dated to be between 500 and 1500 years old. Krishnamacharya and jois translate and reconstructed the ashtanga yoga series.
This retreat of ashtanga vinyasa will be taught as per the teachings brought up by Pattabhi jois as one form of practising hatha yoga which focus on Asana (posture) and pranayama ( breath control ).Ashtanga yoga is considered a vigorous, orderly practice and, as such, is more suited to students who want a dynamic and rigorous yoga practice.
These ashtanga yoga classes will be taught in the “Mysore style.” In this style, practitioners are encouraged to memorize the sequence they are working on, then individually work through the sequence during the class. The teacher then comes around to adjust and support, rather than guiding the individual's practice. Thus, the students set their own pace consistent with their ability, but practice in the company of other students and with the encouragement of their teacher. They should master each pose in the sequence before they move on to the next.
Shared base room cost $260/perperson
Private base room cost $340/perperson
-ANATOMY AND ALIGNMENT
• Explore the physical body as an integrated system. Learn the ways in which your muscles, joints and connective tissue work together as a whole, creating a more holistic understanding of the body’s anatomy.
-FOUNDATIONS IN BREATH FOR ĀSANA
• Why do we breathe differently in yoga? How do different breath techniques affect the physical body? Learn how to shape the breath to deepen what different āsana (yoga postures) have to offer.
-SEQUENCING PRINCIPLES OF ĀSANA
• Learn how to link āsana together in a safe and effective manner.
• Connect anatomy, breath and sequencing to skillfully create and adapt practices that address specific needs for specific populations.
-SEQUENCING PRINCIPLES FOR THE SUBTLE ENERGY BODY
• Learn to shift your energetic state with tools and techniques that can energize, calm or balance.
• Learn sequencing to prepare for foundations in prāṇyama (breath regulation) and meditation practices
-DEVELOPMENT OF ADVANCE PRĀNAYAMA ,BANDHAS,PRATYAHARA AND MEDITATION PRACTICES
• Delve in more detail into rich prāṇayama and meditation techniques, and explore how to integrate them into your classes and practice
Ashtanga Vinyasa Schedule
6:00 am Silent walk
7:15 am Ashtanga vinyasa yoga session
9:00 am Breakfast
12:00 pm Yoga nidra & sound healing session
1:00 pm Lunch
3:30 pm Adjustment & posture alignment
5:00 pm Evening hatha yoga session
7:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Evening Meditation
9:00 pm Rest
1. You are earnestly requested to kindly respect your fellow students,teachers,people and the nepali culture.
2. Our course payments are pre-contracted.30% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the space and rest 2 weeks before arrival.In any circumstances, the deposited fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless the course is cancelled by the yoga retreat center. The fees are also non-negotiable.
3. The management reserves the right to terminate/ expel any participants who do not abide by the above rules, are disruptive or abusive to the place, teachers or other participants. (which may include, by way of example, violence, excessive use of bad language, threatening behavior or inappropriate sexual activities). In the event of a participants being expelled due to a breach of the rules, no refund of fees shall be given.
4. Atmashree Yoga and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to change of mind,unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, and cancellation of flight, delay arrival, sickness or accidents.
5. Please ensure you read and understand the above terms and conditions before you book.